CALL for ARTWORK
Celebrating 21st Century COLOR!
The Journal of Color Research and Application will publish a special edition for the Munsell Centennial. This edition will include the papers presented at the Munsell Centennial Color Symposium as well as selected entries from this Call for Artwork.
The artwork selected for the journal will be printed and displayed during the poster sessions at the Symposium.
The cover of the special Munsell Centennial edition will feature the artwork of the top student award winner(s).
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 30, 2018
NOTIFICATION: May 4, 2018
POSTER SESSIONS: June 11-15, 2018
- The ISCC invites submissions of artwork focused on the theme of "Celebrating 21st Century COLOR".
- Artists, designers, teachers, students and color enthusiasts from all over the world are eligible to submit. Students, please be sure to indicate your student status.
- Artwork may be produced in any medium but must be submitted digitally.
- Submittals should be in high resolution with a maximum file size of 10 MB per image. Email email@example.com if you have any questions about resolution or format.
- Entries will be displayed on the Munsell 2018 Instagram page with permission of the artist.
Please fill in the submittal form, then send us your image(s) in one of the following ways:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
No fee is required to submit, but we ask that you consider contributing $20 toward the cost of printing the artwork to display during the Symposium. Thank you!
Color Language and Cognition
Applications of the Munsell Color System
History of Color Systems
Theory and Comparability of Color Systems
Creative Uses of Color in Art and Design
Interactions of Color
Color Education in Science and Industry
Color Education in Art and Design
Color Education in General
Artwork submissions on topics that will enhance the themes of the invited presentations are especially encouraged.